- Most international flights have a checked baggage allowance of 20 – 23 kg, sometimes up to 30kg. On internal domestic flights the checked baggage allowance can be much less. Excess baggage fees apply above the free checked baggage allowance.
- Carry-on baggage limits are normally between 5 – 7 kg.
- Ensure you check the airline’s baggage allowances prior to travel as these are subject to change.
- Sporting allowances vary for each airline. Ensure you are familiar with the sporting allowance permitted on your airline to avoid excessive excess baggage fees.
- Some airlines permit you to pre-purchase an extra baggage allowance prior to departure at lower rates than paying for excess baggage at the airport. Ask your Island Adventures consultant for more information if required.
- Soft backpack style or duffel bags can be easier to transport than hard sided suitcases especially if traveling on small aircraft or if transferring to an island by boat.
- Please be aware of the new security measures regarding liquids, aerosols & gels being carried on all International flights as of 31st March 2007. For more information please visit: travelsecure.infrastructure.gov.au
Call us to plan your next holiday
1300 657 420